Effective May 25th 2018
Cultural Organisation of Crete / Chania Film Festival
P.O. BOX 3 Demokratias and Chali Street, Vamvakopoulo / 73135 Chania Crete
Collecting Personal Information
- We collect the information of the Friends of the Chania Film Festival throughout the year, such as full name, phone number, e-mail address etc.
- There are a number of ways to collect visitors’ data, including filling in and submitting electronic forms here, or hard-copy forms during events of the Cultural Organisation of Crete, and from other electronic sources, such as third-party services, subsidiaries, and partnerships.
- The website uses “cookies” to collect statistical data for their use.
- The information that our users provide is being used for delivering our services to our guests and audience.
- We make use of your contact data for the purpose of communicating our services to you.
- We may use your contact data to notify you of upcoming festival events, should you allow this option.
- We make use of “cookies” for the purpose of our own statistical intelligence, in order to optimise for our visitors the performance and functionality of our websites.
- We may disclose your information to professional third-party service agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, or to the Authorities – to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- We do not disclose your personal information to third parties unrelated to our products or services; however, after your approval, we may safely share your information to third-party partners for communication purposes.
- Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred to countries outside the EU, in accordance with current legislation, international agreements, and the purposes stated in this policy.
Storage and Safety
- We take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure or alteration of your personal information.
- We follow appropriate physical, technical, procedural and electronic safeguard measures for protecting your personal data.
- We retain personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes stated in this policy, or for as long as it is allowed or requested by you or by law.
- Retaining personal data is eligible to many laws and it would be impractical to include in this statement all current periods of data storage.
- Our website visitor’s rights are protected by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), as well as by all relevant EU and national legislation. You specifically hold the right to access, revise or update your personal information in our storage.
- In certain cases, you may also edit or delete your personal information or control further data processing.
- We are employing all our efforts to protect your privacy rights, however we maintain the right to impose certain limitations and requirements according to law.
- You may always withdraw your permission for data processing, in cases where we are required to ask for it.
Inquiries & Amendments
- We may update this policy from time to time and any amendments will not apply retrospectively.
- We will notify you of essential changes to this policy through this website.
- Last update of this policy was on May 25th 2018.